Thursday, August 20, 2009

Summer The Wind Whispered My Name

Summer The Wind Whispered My Name, Don Locke, was featured on Dear Reader. A few of the comments from the Forum

What a mom! Aug 9
I like the way this book starts! It's nostalgic and the description draws me into Davy's world. I wish I'd had a mom like his-- my mom fed me lima beans and cottage cheese, not chocolate long johns!

Ahhhh Childhood Aug 10
This story has already wisked me away to my own childhood. I can smell the grass freshly mown by my Dad. The bacon and toast my Mom is cooking. And I almost feel the weight of a book in my hands as I start reading. Even then you see I loved reading. Often I sat in the branches of a backyard tree and read. Close enough to experience all that my family was doing but separate enough to enjoy a good story.

I was thinking about summers growing up just this morning Aug 10
Then I read the first part of this book....I didn't have a mom who laid out my clothes, but she snuggled up with me and we cuddled and she sang a song in my ear. The trouble is, I don't remember alot about summers when I was a kid, except spending them at Canyon Ferry Lake, and waking up in the morning and spending every moment in the water. It is so different now...kids go to camps and everything is planned. The camps are fun and memories are made, but it is sad, I wish we could afford the place at the lake. I get very jealous when I hear about people at their lake place. I would take back all of mine to give my kids that experience. READ MORE !

About Dear Reader: Join a book club and every morning you get a 5-minute portion of a book in your email. Each week a different book is featured and you can sample 2-3 chapters. Sign up for more than one club and start taking a reading break with Dear Reader every morning.

No comments: